Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 10- Rome – Florence

So we head out to Florence. Once again, I dont remember the bus trip there. As we get into town, Ryan tells us we are having our group picture that day, before we go back to the hotel. Great, I look like crap wearin scrubbin clothes and a hat. He first takes us to some leather store, and herds everyone into some room, I think. Me and Rina wander off around the store and everyones in some leather demo haha, I knew they were going to that so we go by one of the windows and laugh at them. When they are done we look around the shop and then Ryan takes us for another little walk and I believe we had some free time to look around, and then meet back for another walking tour. Oh joy... us girls go straight to "the best gelato stand in all of Italy". Walk around... mostly bored. We dont really do much of anything except complain about some stuff and how we have to take our pic first. As we are making our way towards the meeting point, we come across Zara, some store they all knew. OMG I love this place. We are almost late but we buy stuff anyways.

Go and meet Ryan. He tells us we will only have an hour or so to get ready at the hotel before we go out that night or something along those lines. I think traffic or something messed the timing up. Not happy.... no way me and my roommate can get ready that fast. He hands over to some chick and listen to her go on and on about I have no idea what. Art and stuff, I should pay attention, but Im just not into it. We walk and walk, see a fake of David, walk some more. Stop and take pics with the bridges I always think about when I think of Florence. Next to us is this bad ass wall with all kinds of graffiti so I take tons of pics with it, someone wrote "conti" and its in the background of my pic so I finished writing "contiki" on it in photoshop when I get home :)


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Walk some more come across the only thing I wanted to see here.... The Duomo. (thats a church, btw) The lady is talking, no one is paying attention, gypsies try to Rina, she screams, lady is still talking, I go into a store and shop, get some water. Come out shes stiiiiill talking. Finally its done, we do a YMCA, and have more free time. Us 4 are like screw this, we have all this free time when we could be goin to get ready. So, we come up with a brilliant plan to go find Ryan, somewhere in this huge city... We go all the way back to the leather place to see if they have his phone number, they dont. We sit on the curb, trying to come up with a plan. We have the name of the hotel, but a cab will cost a lot, apparently our hotel is not very close to the city. We get up, shop a little at the stores there and someone sees Ryan. So we cant find a way back so he tells us to stay at this restaurant and he goes and meets everyone at the meeting point. When he comes back we find out there is not enough time for our group pic (YES!) and that we will do it our last day in Paris. Walk a mile back to the bus and finally we are going to our hotel, we have 1 hour to get ready.

Now this part sucks. Get in our hotel, theres some problems with rooms not being booked... so we wait, finally me and Janine get our key, rush towards the elevators and I totally admit Im cutting in line to get on the 2 persons elevator. I admit it and I even say Im sorry, but I had already said this night was my bday party! Get to our room.... the freaking key doesnt work. Janine gets a phone call from NBC so I go to the front desk, shes watching the luggage. They guy says he will meet me up there, so I go back, Janine is gone. Guy finally comes up 15 minutes later. I called the first shower, and our shower is um, maybe 2' X 2'. No joke. Janine comes back and said she wandered down to the first or second floor and ran into Nick and Gino and was in their room (?) That shower is impossibly small so I just leave the shower curtain open and water is all over the floor. Theres a drain there so I figured they expect it :) Shower isnt draining.... now its Janines turn haha. The only plug in the room is in the bathroom so I plug it in and close the door so she can take a shower. Ten minutes in, my hair dryer pops and dies. I look down and notice the carpet is soaking wet. I open the door and there is water everywhere. The towels are "literally, floating away". Its sooooo funny but I am sooooo rushed.


Photobucket


So great. Now I dont have electric in the room cuz I blew the fuse. I get the boys room number from Janine (none of our rooms were by each other, at least ours wasnt) Call and Gino keeps f'n with me on the phone talking about stupid stuff and Im gettin pissed cuz we literally have minutes. So Janine runs down to their room, blow drys her hair, I do my make-up. She comes back, I run down to their room and dry and straighten my hair. Wouldn't you know it, they are laying around, wasting time and Im like out of breath pissed off about everything right now. AND they have a huge ass tub in their room. Run back up to finish my hair, she runs back down to straighten her hair. We actually are done right on time.

Go down and catch the bus to go to dinner. Its outside and saposta be some "amazing Florence dinner". Some sweaty big guy comes out and sits at this little piano..... omg seriously, he looks like Meatloaf, and then he starts singing its soooo ridiculous!!!! We are laughing our asses off and he is so into it the whole time and you know he heard us laughing! The only thing we have to drink is wine, so I pretty much drank water the whole time. Food was good, but way too much of it. I knew I was drinking that night so I didnt eat much.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

"Meatloaf"


Its gettin dark and it times to get back on the bus to go to the disco. This bus ride is absolutely out of control, I was totally sober and acting crazy. Gonna have to say this was one of the best moments also. Brentons has his feet in the storage rack things and hanging upside down. Taking pictures left and right, even Ryan comes back and hangs out.


Photobucket

"The Back of the Bus Crew"


Photobucket
Photobucket


Get to the club... its dead. Then people start coming in. I go grab my drink and theres some guy staring at me. Ignore. Its getting more and more crowded. The smoking room is upstairs so me and the boys head up to where the more "club" like part is. I find out later they had all planned to sing happy birthday to me on the mic downstairs, and then they couldnt find me oops! So basically I look around upstairs and its packed. I only remember random stuff from here on out: dancing to Britney and Muzzle being up with the DJ dancin like a fool, we are all yellin at her to keep doin it. I run right into that guy who was staring at me downstairs and he starts talking to me, first thing I did was (accidently) throw his drink on the floor. Hes not mad gets another one. His name is Jeffery and hes from France. Then I rememebr talking to this other guy for a good 20 minutes or so, and these little kids kept coming up to us and wouldnt leave (16 yr old Barcelona f*cks, as we end up calling them) Finally I tell them that, A. Im almost old enough to be their mommy and B. Im trying to talk to my boyfriend. They dont believe hes my boyfriend and tell me to kiss him, so I did. And they leave! After this...... I see 2 people from our group all randomly over each other.... "Mystery Hook-up" I take a pic of them it sooo random. Dan from New Zealand has "David" underwear on, Gino is picking him up, then they are up in the cage like thing dancing.... Muzzle is up there and everyone can see her underwear.... While sitting on the couch with random Italilian guys I drop my camera and permanently screw my lens cap up.... trying to talk to the Italian boy and Gino has to translate, who knows what he was saying.... Kissing the Italian boy some more... Someone running out of our group and randomly kissing me, then running away haha.. wanting to leave and sitting outside with Celeste with our local boys.


Photobucket
Photobucket

"David underwear & white boy dancing"



Photobucket

Taking a break?



Photobucket

Me, Silvia, V-Lo, V-Mac, Kate & Rina & Annika up front


Photobucket
They know Madonna in Florence?

Photobucket
Girls

Photobucket
Love this– Michael & V-Mac



Im gonna go ahead and be honest, I have no idea how I was drunk since I didnt buy anything, and dont remember the cab ride home. It was a good bday!! Get back to hotel and Noff is outside, sleeping HA!!! Annika and Brenton start fighting so we walk away, I go up to my room, oh ya my key doesnt work, have to go back down to the front desk, he walks me back and opens it, and then he fixed the fuse box so we have electric again! I look at Janine, and the girl is wearing the dress she wore to the club that night (cuz she didnt have no light) it was hilarious! She jumps out of bed out of no where and tells me to "go to f'ing bed" then realizes what is going on and laughs, goes back to bed. I go out to smoke and there are like 5 doors I gotta open, they are banging into each other and being loud Im laughing, Janine wakes up again shes getting mad, so I say "f'ing neighbors" and roll my eyes. She goes back to bed. So, so, so funny I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment