Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 6- Munich – Tyrol & Innsbrook

Wake up early again and go to breakfast of more cheese and bread and ham. This place actually had a more realistic orange juice (sometimes it was like orange water). I learn to steal fruit from breakfast time for the bus rides and then maybe you wont spend money at the rest stops. The drive is getting better and better because we are gettn into the Alps. Mountains everywhere. We go straight to Tyrol for the white water rafting (so have your stuff with you, like a swimsuit). We suit up in super hot wet suits, Rina walks out in her suit and her heels ha, and everyone who didnt do this excursion leave to go to our meeting point. These tour guys are super hot and they all sound like Arnold. The rest of us go and jump around on the boats, learn some of the stuff to do, then we carry our boats to the river.

Now, luckily I had about 2-3 hours of sleep so this whole rafting thing SUCKS for me, I can barely lift the boat over my head and walk it down to the river. All I wanted to do was go lay in the dirt and sleep. We get to the water and they tell us to go into and see how cold it is. Its like freaking swimming in ice water, no joke. This day just keeps getting better. We jump in the boat and get to work. All the paddeling is really hard to do for me but Im a trooper and make it thru. The rapids are alot of fun and during calmer times we all start jumpin in, I contemplate it cuz I really didnt want to have to deal with my hair being wet later on, but I figure 'when in Austria..' so me and Canadian Jason do it. OMG worst thing ever, its so cold Im literally in shock and cant breath, the sun in right in my eyes I cant see, Im sick from "The Ausralian Cold" from Brenton and I have no energy... Im pulled back into the boat and now I cant get up cuz of my life jacket. IT WAS AWESOME!!! Well, looking back at it it was. Im pretty sure I dont jump back in the rest of the time. **Wish I had a water proof camera, amazing scenery, the water is white-ish, tour guides doing back flips off the boats, it was a good time. I just feel like crap.

At our finishing point we go and change into clothes and the rest of my group is there playing volleyball and laying around. We go get some food and then I go watch them play and lay in the sun and stare at the mountains. Back on the bus and going to Innsbruck and walk around the town. Ryan shows us some building with a gold roof, then we have an hour or so till we have to meet back. Me and Rina had planned on going to a park we found to lay in the sun and watch Twilight on my iPod, but decide to go walk around and shop and most definatly find coffee. The buildings are pink and its really nice here. Me and V-Mac stock up on some major medicine becuase we are really feeling like crap and getting siiiiiick. (I though that was saposta happen at the end of the trip?)

Meet everyone and back on the bus to go to our hotel. Me and V-Mac are in the back, both listening to our iPods and are taking the most ridiculous videos and not one person sees us. Cute little towns and buildings. Lots of windy roads up into the mountains. Hotel is OK, kinda old-charm-like I guess you could say. Elevators are soo small, you can fit only 2 people in most of them. We have a little while before dinner so I clean up my suitcase, organize my stuff, wash my tank tops in the sink. (Do this stuff at night, dont wait to get your stuff together in the morning!!) Dinner is decent, but I rememebr alot of flies everywhere. We start having x-rated conversations and Korean Rina from San Fran literally has her eyes opened. I am amazed at how sheltered she is!

**Drinks are not included at this dinner, which they do not tell you - Stock up on water bottles (the real big ones at the rest stops) You will buy these everyday trust me.

We go outside to sit on the patio and drink, some go into town (this is a sleepy little town) While standing there I decide I just want to go to bed and not hang out so I call it a night and go finish up packing my stuff, charge some stuff with Janines converter becuase Im an idiot and lost mine in Munich, and go to bed.



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment