Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 12- Lucerne – Paris

This was apparently our longest drive of the whole trip. I dont remember it, so I must of been having fun.

Wake up, go to breakfast. Me and Janine both have our luggage, so I pick mine up and she basically lets it just fall down the stairs. Its so loud and so funny. Hike thru town back to the bus. Gino gets on the mic and reads to us a book about random facts, I video tape right at the right moment, when he says that drivers pick their nose or someting which we had been making fun of Chris for it (since we can see his reflection)



I also took a video of V-Mac and Annika singing our Contiki song-I am SOOOO happy I did this! Its so nice to be able to hear Annikas and Brentons accent and see my Canadian homegirl V-Mac breaking it down on the bus, Gino acting silly and basically just hearing the song on the bus! The video doenst fit perfectly.... dam website template. But it was good effing times so I dont care!



I realize you prob dont want to watch it... but these are the people you have been reading about, and it brings a tear to my eye..... Annika even throws in some of the "re-write" lyrics :)
The video ends right when we pull up to our Parisian hotel. We park downstairs and Chris opens the thing where our luggage is kept and just stands there. We all grab our luggage, no biggie, head upstairs check in and go to our rooms. My view is basically a pile of rocks, later I find out V-Mac has an amazing view of the Eiffel tower... bullshit. We get ready and go to dinner. I didnt like the food so I gave it to Gino who apparently never stops eating. We notice that Chris and Ryan are not there yet, and we are almost done eating, except for the boys. I remember they kept getting up and grabbing bread or something from where the employees kept their stuff. Ryan finally comes in and tells us Chris had a collapsed lung and was sent to the hospital. (OMG!) He is working on gettin another driver from one of the campsites for our tour that night and that we will meet in about an hour. I have to go to one of the stores for medicine so Ryan tells me where to go and Noff offers to come with me. We walk down the street and find a store, buy medicine, we still have time so we go get a coffee cuz I am passing out tired (NOTE: sleep on the bus, I never did and only 3-5 hours a night will kill you) and sit outside and just hang out and talk. And the coffee was dam good. Back to hotel and hang out downstairs awaiting our new driver.....

Photobucket

Waiting and waiting for the new driver


They finally show up, we hop on the bus and the driver seems a little off. me and V-Lo sit behind him and you can see their face in the reflection in the mirror.... I swear he was twitching. Coke or torrets I swear, it had to be one or the other. Us girls in the front are flippin out. He starts to go and hits one of the columns. I then put my seatbelt on that none of us had even touched the entire trip. All the girls do the same and as we are heading out of the garage he is scraping something on the bottom of the bus.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Oh this is what the seat-belts are for


Ryan tells us its OK, those are scrape guards thats what they are for (I think he tryin to make the bus driver feel better...) So we drive around the city, Ryan gives us history lessons, we stop at Napoleons tomb, there a real opera goin on outside, go to the round-about around the Arc de Triomphe. It was later in the night, so it was kinda dead and we didnt get to see how crazy it really was (which is one of the reasons I wanted to sit up front in the first place) FInally, we make our way down to the Tower. Get out of the bus and start walking to it. YMCA'd.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Take buttloads of pics, have a couple minutes of free time then back to the bus and back to hotel. Most of us wanted to go out, but when we got back to the hotel I decided all I wanted to do was go to bed, so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment