Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 4-Amsterdam – St. Goar

Wake up early, pack my stuff up, eat breakfast and get on the bus. Today we have the morning/afternoon in Amsterdam so we go to the Anne Frank House. One thing Ive noticed so far is that in Europe you can take pictures in alot of the museums. We have to pay about 21 Euros to get it and we walk through the house. I unfortunatly dont know a whole lot on the subject, but I read it was a must do. You get an overview of what happened in that house who and why they hid, etc.

After the museum, we all split up and went all over the city for our free time. I was with the Veronic/kas and the power walking began. Us girls all did a fab fab job of rushing through every city, stopping for about 5 seconds at attractions, take a pic and kept going, it was like we all had an unsaid understanding or something..? I of course wanted to find the big yellow shoe I saw in the brochure so we walked ALL over, back and forth looking for that dam thing. Even locals barely knew where it was. Finally, we found it by the giant "penis monument", behind a delivery truck. Took our pics with it, walked through the streets and shopped. Everywhere you look, there are bikes. Millions of bikes. There even a 3 story "bike garage". All you hear is people ringing their bells, so you have to make sure you dont get in their way in the bike paths. We stop to eat at this little cafe, it was dam good, and had "deep talk" and basically got to know each other more, exchange numbers and emails. Walking thru all the streets you see hostels and and those people who "backpack thru Europe" so so cool wish I cold do that stuff. We start walking back to the meeting area and run into Brenton and Annika, who I really didnt know and my first impression was I was not sure if I would like them for some reason. (turns out, I end up absolutly loving these 2) We then head towards the bus and we are on our way to St. Goar, Germany.

It was around this time we were introduced to our day song, "5 years time" by Noah and the whale. I remember V-Mac saying what the f???? when we first heard it, but during the trip we would beg Ryan to play the song really loud, I swear that song was super cheesy but the most perfect song for our trip. (Also, becuase we are such badasses, we ended up re-writing the song for each city we visited with quotes and occurances that happened and performed it the last night in Paris.... it was golden...)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Now know that this is our "quite stop", basically a stopover. Nothing seems to happen in the sleepy little town and Im pretty sure I saw about 5 people and 3 cars. We stay at the Hotel Montag and they only have stairs, no elevator, and the room keys were on hooks. No front desk, Ryan checked in with the bartender. I decide that Im a badass and take my whole suitcase (some people packed an overnight bag) and drag it up all the stairs to our room. The room was pretty ghetto and old. Tiny shower. You learn to deal with these things as the trip goes on so stop complaining!

Have dinner and then some leave for the wine tasting. Some of us stay and grab some drinks from the bar and go down to the Rhine River to drink (Its right across the street from our hotel). V-Mac then decides she wants to "stick her foot in the Rhine River", takes her shoes off does a little dance on her way down to the river and then slips on the funk on the cobblestones and basically "f's her toe up" Absolutly hilarious and I even got it on video tape :)



Chris, the driver was cleaning the bus and hangs out with us for a few and when I ask how old he is he tell us his bday is the next day. I then have him take our pic and come up with the idea for us 4 to do the YMCA, which we end up doing at alot of the places we go. I know we are lame... Its starting to rain, so we head back to the bar and more and more join and this quite night ends up becoming pretty fun. Drinking contest, V-Mac with her iced up toe... it was a fun night. My roommate and a couple of the other girls went to go look at a castle and had not returned yet, and since she had the only key, I couldnt go to bed and was forced to stay up and drink more :)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment