Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 7- Innsbrook – Venice

The reason I picked this trip.... Italy. Venice. Ive been dreaming about going to Venice for sooooo long and I only had a few hours there :( Gettin into Italy, I made sure I had pizza at the rest stop. Actually I eat pizza everywhere in Italy. And gelato.

Its getting hotter. We are all starting to sweat. Ryan and Chris are at the back of the bus checking out the AC belt thing, its breaking..? maybe? We get into town and have to take a ferry to Venice. Im positive Im going to start crying Im so excited. Ride takes aout 30 minutes or so, and we start walking towards St. Marks Square. Im officially sweating it so hot. We have to go to a glass making demo so we wait around outside for a few minutes, I exchange some money and while talking to Ryan, a bird above us shat right between us, it was so funny. Apparently these birds are accustom to people and they are not afraid, they walk right by you, do dive bombs by your head as they fly by.

Take pics of St. Marks Basicilla & Square, & Doges Palace. We go to our demo, its even hotter in there. He makes a horse... wow, we go into the next room and some guy is showing us all stuff, Im not paying attention so as soon as thats done me n my crew run out of there, get lost in the builiding. We were already told our map is absolutly useless and boy is it. It is nothing but small ally way after small ally way. I dont even know if I saw a road sign. All I knew was we had a certain amount of time before the gondola ride so we knew we wanted to go to the Bridge Rialto and to get there you just wander in a certain direction and look up for yellow signs/arrows painted in the sides of buildings. We make it and take butt loads of pics, keep walking around more, find gelato and you know we all ate a buttload it it. Went to the other side of the bridge and took some amazing pics that are some of my fav's from this trip. I cant stress this enough, take a million photos! We head to Doges Palace and power walked threw the entire place. Took forever to find the Bridge of Sighs, find it, and do a YMCA of course.

Time for the gondola ride.... I see a really hot gondolier in red, Oh I love him! Dam, hes not our driver. So were off and the boys brought us wine. These boats are so unstable I really thought I was gonna fall out prob 5 times. We go thru canals and Im amazed that some of the buildings have doors that open up to the canals, so random. But its awesome, I dont care if it cost too much and doing it thru Contiki is expensive, I loved every seocnd of it. I will always remember Rina asking if she "could touch" (one if the buildings) and out driver says "No, Im married.." Also people on bridges taking pics of us and her yelling to them to tag her on Facebook. Good freakin times. We get our into a bigger canal and all the other boats are by us, and I see my hot gondalier (not to mention, our driver was gorgeous too...) So, Im drinkin wine Im feelin good and I start yelling to Megan who has my husband as her driver, that her gondalier is hot!!! like 5 times. Then his boat is right next to ours n him and our driver are talking. I start videotaping, and out of nowhere they switch boats and Im officially in heaven :) He then pulls Rina up to drive, and Im so mad cuz I had originally called that seat with V-Mac before we got on the boat. Then I get to go up, and Im better :) How I didnt fall into the funky water, I dont know.



Ride is over, some people go to that Venecian dinner, we dont and do more power walking, back to Rialto and just checking out the place. Its so cool here. Some Italians are shady, weird, most are horny and touchy feely. We only have a little bit of more time and since it is so dam hot here me and V-Lo want to buy some dresses, we find a shop thats still open and I swear we tried on 6 dresses in 15 minutes. I dont even care that the dress I bought is way to big on me I am desperate. Power walkers and now power shoppers. When its time to leave we go back to the boat, back to the bus and drive forever to our hotel. The bus was parked next to a Contiki campsite and Ryan tried to see if we could come in and hang out but they wouldnt let us. At the hotel some of us go out to this little bar and I swear the black woman working were like amazon chicks. So random looking. We drink and eat outside, its a quite night, and go to bed.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment