Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 3- London – Amsterdam


I wake up 5 minutes before my alarms goes off. Its about 5:30 am ish, but the first thing I see is outside and its daylight out. (Not normal where I live) I sit straight up thinking its alot later than it actually is and I missed my bus. I hear Stacey getting ready in the bathroom and relize Im not late. Talk about having a heart attack. We get ready and she leave since her tour leaves before mine, Im kinda sad since Ill never see her again. I go downstairs and see like 3 other trips boarding and leaving or returning. I see Stacey again! I meet a few other people who missed the meeting and our little clique is started. Weigh my bag, hop on the bus. Its pretty quite.... we realize the Canadian boys Nick and Gino are missing. Australian Brenton jumps off and wakes them up... it was actually quite funny. The boy get on the bus and tell us how "they really arent "those" guys. (Nick later shows us his alarm, a 3 dollar watch that beeps for about 30 seconds and then turns off) I promise them they can have the one I brought, but I never did give it to them the whole trip since they have a "big Austrailan guy that bangs on their door every morning" from that point on. Finally... we are off. This is prob the most boring time on the bus. Nobody really knows each other, its quite, like 3 straight hours of iPod. Ryan (tour manager/tm) gets on the mic, starts explaing stuff, giving us an overview of what to expect, etc. Luckily we only have 30 people on our trip so most of us get 2 seats to ourselves (this makes passing out on the bus easier) So we start heading towards Dover to catch the ferry. See the White Cliffs, hang out before we board the ferry. I meet Rina and Noff, my fellow smoking partners here. Once we get on the ferry, we grab some food, do some shopping, walk around and wait till its time to leave. Our group has added a newcomer, Michelle from Brazil and Rina from San Fran.

We get back on the bus, drive thru France and Belgium and have our first pit stop. Thanks to the laws in Europe, the driver has to stop every couple hours for about an hour. I try to use the free wi fi on my iPod and it works like crap here. I see this girl walking around by herself, she looks so sad. Im not sure at first if she is on our tour or not and when I see her go sit by herself I knew she was. I walk over and sit and talk with her and now Johanna from Columbia is added to the group. Outside while smoking with Australian Noff (who is quite possible the hardest guy to understand), he tells me that she was crying in the bus cuz she was lonely or something. Once we get back to the bus we have her move her stuff and sit with us in the back. Drive a couple more hours and finally reach Amsterdam. After every pit stop Ryan would get on the mic and give us an overview aka "history lesson" of the country/city. We sign up for the optional excursions. The "cultural show" is on the list and honestly I didnt even want to go. (sex show/red light district aka hookers in the windows..) me and Rina decide not to go but everyone else signed up and were begging us to go, so we sign up. Get to hotel, meet my roommate Janine who works for NBC in New York City.

Get ready, go to dinner. I also believe this is the night where the nickname "Muzzle" started for someone I wont mention. I would like to give probs to Nick for that one. Food is lame, but Im not one who complains about that kind of stuff. I knew what to expect with the rooms/food on this trip already. Hotel was not too bad at all, from what I remember. We're driven into town and dropped off at the canal cruise. I loved it, everyone went, we all sat down, did our "naughty toasting" and immedialty people really started talking and meeting each other. It was only beer and wine, and I really dont care for either, but I did fine. The boat driver was cool and let us sit up front, hang out the doorway thing and smoke, let Noff drive for a few minutes. It was realy cool becuase me and Rina horded that area and were talking to people in their houseboats eating dinner that we passed by. It was a super fun time, totally reccommend doing this excursion.

Afterwards, Ryan took us threw the Red Light District, saw tons of dildos as sex stores were everywhere. Went to the "culture show".... It was... an experience I guess you could say. Of course they had some of the people in our group goup on stage cuz Im sure they like to f with us foreigners. Lets just say they were up there with a chick and her banana, we egged Muzzle on when she was on stage with the guy..... (ya I know we are bitches) Im having problems remembering this night. I remember: I loved the suckers they gave us, Veronika aka V-mac breaking her glass in the sink in the bathroom, going outside and smoking with one of the guys who was just on stage, nicknamed "break f*cking guy" due to his acrobatic performance on stage (I even tell him, awkwardly, good job), looking at the chicks in the windows were 3 feet away, watching a group of guys check out one of the girls, and then go in, see the curtain close and his friend all wait for him outside. Remember, no cameras here, their pimps are waiting in the shadows to catch you and throw your camera in the canals.

We then leave, walk thru the district some more, catch a tram back to the hotel (some go to coffeshops) and get on the computer because of course I have to update my facebook status!!! Go to bed and have to get up at like 7-8 ish which was like 4-5 hours away. I quickly learn that you get no sleep on these trips.

My group




Stolen from my lovely roommate




Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment