Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 5- St. Goar – Munich

** Im going to go ahead and apologize for how these pics are showing up in a long line.... Im a designer and should know how to fix these things, so Im going to go ahead and blame it on the template :)

So we wake up, go to breakfast get our stuff to the coach. Right behind the hotel is a beer stein place and also the worlds largest coo coo clock (Guiness Records baby). So we have to go to the beer stein place and listen to the guy talk about them, yada yada, some people buy stuff or head across the street to buy Birkenstocks (? random I know) Most of us sit around and talk and I take the most glamourous pic of V-Mac looking like The Little Mermaid :) Back on the bus and now going to Munich.

I sleep the whole way there, this is the most I sleep on the bus the whole trip. Also I decided I did not like the seat I originally sat in, so I took over the back seat the day before. I LOVE it, I can lay down and I have a pillow so its amazing. (BRING A PILLOW!!! and even a small blanket I wish I would have had one) Have a few of the seat recliner things in my back, but I adapt. At the first rest stop the Veronic/kas buy Chris some cake or something and we all sing happy bday to him. All the rest stops are kind of weird, they have restaurants or McD's/Burger Kings, shopping for crap. Also, you have to pay to use the "toilettes". A few days later we find out that you can use the little voucher you get (when u pay to go to the bathroom) and get discounts off food and other purchases.

Back to the bus and then back to sleeping! The hotel is waaaay better than I expected, the rooms are nice and the beds comfy.

Photobucket
Photobucket



Its around afternoon time, so we go to our bike tour w/ "Jolly", he was interesting and wore a red winter hat I remember. He took us all around, showed us tons of historical stuff. Were able to stop every so often, take pics and walk around. Went into this church... wow it was sooo beaut! We ride thru a park and stopped at a beer garden and some drank huge steins of beer,us girls split a huge pretzel, then back on the bike, Annika almost hits another chick on a bike, this is hilarious! Girls, if you have a purse, esp one that you carry on your shoulder, this will suck!! Take a backpack or one with a long strap so you can wear it over your shoulder/head.



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tour


Drop of the bikes and go to the HB, (cant spell the name) and we are already told that they dont like us Contikiers cuz they rarely tip. We tell our server up front we tip but that really does no good. Its so big and crowded and at first our whole group cant sit together till 3 large tables get up so we take those. Apparently none of the chicks knew if that table was theirs or maybe they just didnt want to wait on us so I swear we sat there for 45 min and had to put all the dirty dishes at the end of the table, those literally sit there the whole time. Lots of people order pork knuckle, which Ryan recommended, and to me it look repulsive! The potatoes were spongy too gross. Me and V-Lo get dessert and drink wine, but we take fake pics with other peoples beer steins. Also, since it is Chris's bday, he actualy gets to join us (usually he has to go to bed and get a certain amount of sleep all the other nights).

Afterwards some of us go to the hotel bar to drink some more, Brenton starts eating the centerpiece. Good times. We hang out outside, we mess wtih the bartenders becuase he gets mad at Brenton. I actually rememebr Brenton and V-Mac going behind the bar with him a couple times. Then up to Brentons room to drink some more and hang out. We ended up meeting 2 girls who were on the road to Athens tour and they were kinda miserable. They said their group sucked and they took a pic of all of us cuz "we were more fun than their group". So, I think that the people on your tour are one of the top reasons why your trip we be great or will mostly suck. Luckily I had an amazing group of people and I loved each and everyone so it made my trip 100 times better. Off to bed and Im locked out because my roommate had the key (get your own key every time you can) I go play on facebook and email my mom and daughter, phones are hard to find and use. Its about 4 am and I have to be up at 6:30...


Photobucket

Noff, Chris, V-Lo, Janine, V-Mac, Rina, me & Annika


Photobucket

Driver and TM Chris & Ryan~Super hot pic


Photobucket

Rina & moi with our fake beers

No comments:

Post a Comment